USL League One announced the full schedule for the 2020 regular season. The schedule sees Orlando City B play 16 games and each of the teams in the league at least once. The Young Lions will start the season Aug. 1 and end the regular season on Oct. 24.
The release of the 2020 USL League One schedule comes with a change to the originally-announced format. Initially, each team was going to play 20 games, which included four games against a regional rival and one omitted team. The new format has each team facing every team in the league at least once and most of the teams twice. The postseason format will remain the same with the top two teams in the table advancing to the final on the weekend following the final regular-season game.
OCB originally was paired with Fort Lauderdale CF as a regional rival, meaning that the Young Lions would have played the league newcomers four times this year, twice at home and twice away. Their omitted opponent was Forward Madison FC.
The new format has OCB playing six of the league’s other 10 teams twice. Those are: South Georgia Tormenta FC, New England Revolution II, Fort Lauderdale CF, FC Tucson, the Richmond Kickers, and the Greenville Triumph. The Young Lions will face Forward Madison FC, North Texas SC, Union Omaha, and Chattanooga Red Wolves SC just once.
OCB’s season will begin Aug. 1 when the Lions travel to Georgia to face Tormenta FC. They’ll continue their season-opening road trip when they travel to Gillette Stadium to face the newly-formed New England Revolution II Aug. 7. As announced yesterday, OCB’s first home game at Osceola County Stadium will take place Aug. 14 against Fort Lauderdale CF, Inter Miami’s developmental team — a side which just signed former Orlando City midfielder Servando Carrasco.
A benefit of OCB’s schedule is that the Young Lions will only have to face North Texas SC once this year and it will be at home. North Texas, the developmental side of FC Dallas, was the best team last year and won the championship during the league’s inaugural season. The only time they’ll play more than one game consecutively at home or away will be between Sept. 6-19, when they play back-to-back-to-back games away against Union Omaha, Fort Lauderdale CF, and the Richmond Kickers. The Young Lions will end the season with a two-game home stand against Richmond and Greenville, ending on Oct. 24.
OCB’s 2020 USL League One Schedule
- Aug. 1: @ South Georgia Tormenta FC, 8 p.m.
- Aug. 7: @ New England Revolution II, 7 p.m.
- Aug. 14: vs Fort Lauderdale CF. 7 p.m.
- Aug. 18: vs FC Tucson, TBD
- Aug. 23: @ Forward Madison FC, 5 pm
- Aug. 28: vs South Georgia Tormenta FC, TBD
- Sept. 3: vs North Texas SC, TBD
- Sept. 6: @ Union Omaha, 8 p.m.
- Sept. 12: @ Fort Lauderdale CF, 8 p.m.
- Sept. 19: @ Richmond Kickers, 6 p.m.
- Sept. 26: vs New England Revolution II, TBD
- Oct. 2: @ Greenville Triumph, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 10: vs Chattanooga Red Wolves, TBD
- Oct. 17: @ FC Tucson, 10:30 p.m.
- Oct. 21: vs Richmond Kickers, TBD
- Oct. 24: vs Greenville Triumph, TBD