We are officially in the same month as the first game of the season. Sure, we still have about three weeks until we officially kick off the 2020 season, but the time is now for supporters and fans to start getting involved in the fun. There are a few events coming up that just might start to fill the void in the weeks sans Orlando City soccer. What’s happening, when, and where? Here’s a breakdown of what’s coming up.
City Art Jam — Feb. 7, 6 p.m.
Tonight, fans can head to Ace Cafe Orlando for the City Art Jam: Jersey Edition, presented by Orlando Health. The event will celebrate the newly released Heart & Sol kit during a speed painting contest. Local artists will race the clock to create original pieces that celebrate the city and the club. Fans who attend the event will have the following opportunities:
- A chance to purchase the new kit.
- The first 500 to purchase the jersey will receive a limited-edition patch as part of the CITYiD program.
- Fans that purchase the jersey will have the opportunity to take advantage of buy-one-get-one-free tickets to the home opener.
- On-sight customization of jerseys with the new MLS font.
Montreal at Orlando City Preseason Match — Feb. 8, 6 p.m.
If you’re a season ticket holder, you can grab tickets to this event for free. Everyone else can pick up $10 tickets on Ticket Master. I’m not saying this is a great chance to bring your friends and get them hooked, but, if that speak to you, it speaks to you.
The match will be the first chance to see the Lions in action this season. In this friendly, we may just get a peek at some of the new guys and a chance to see just how much the training time in Mexico may impact the of the squad’s level of fitness and endurance.
2020 Orlando City Pub Crawl — Feb. 15, 6 p.m.
The sixth annual pub crawl will take fans all around downtown Orlando locations to enjoy drinks and camaraderie. Ticket prices climb on the ninth and again the day of, so get them now if you’re going! Your ticket includes:
- Admission to all Pub Crawl venues.
- One ticket to the 2020 Orlando City home opener.
- Three complimentary drinks.
- Drink specials, including $3 Heinekens, with more drink specials TBA.
- One commemorative Orlando City Pub Crawl cup.
This event is for ages 21 and up only. You’ll need to present a valid ID to participate on the day of the event. Drink responsibly and be sure to have a designated driver
Reykjavík at Orlando City Preseason Match — Feb. 18, 6 p.m.
The same deal applies to this preseason friendly as the Montreal match. The difference? The Lions will take on 27-time Icelandic Championship team, KR Reykjavík.
Purple Pride 5K — Feb. 22, 8 a.m.
The sixth annual 5K to help kick off the season will start on Church Street and end on the sideline inside Exploria Stadium. Spectators will get to cheer runners on from the seats of the stadium as finishers exit through the players’ tunnel. Finishers will receive:
- A race t-shirt.
- A commemorative finisher’s medal.
- A ticket to the home opener.
SoccerBall — Feb. 22, 6 p.m.
This one is pricey (individual tickets are $150 for available seating around the room), but the proceeds will benefit the Orlando City Foundation. In addition to strolling the “Mane Streets,” stadium, mini-pitches, and gardens attendees will also enjoy these additional highlights:
- Meet the 2020 Orlando City and Orlando Pride players.
- Enjoy entertainment and performances.
- Bid on silent auction items and donate to the foundation.
I am so excited to see glimpses of the season to come, and with all these events coming up, I might just pretend the season is here. I’m heading to the preseason matches, what are you all attending?