Good morning, Mane Landers! I hope the day finds you well. OCB has a morning appointment with the Richmond Kickers today, so check that out over at ESPN+. In the meantime, let’s go ahead and jump into the links.
Luiz Muzzi and Ending the Playoff Drought
The Lions are not settling for the success they’ve seen under Head Coach Oscar Pareja. The celebration in the locker room upon finding out they’d be in the MLS playoffs for the first time in club history was quiet. Instead, the team was focused on leaving two points in New Jersey. Muzzi said that while success may look like it happened overnight, it in fact did not.
“It’s a transition that takes place over time. It’s not something you know that you just one day switch on and off. The guys getting in, they’re getting the job done. If I’m Oscar now, you know, [you’ve] got problems. Who are you gonna put on the field? You can only play 11. It’s a great problem to have.”
Match vs. Columbus Crew Rescheduled
Orlando City and the Columbus Crew will make up their postponed match on Nov. 4 at 7:30 p.m. at Exploria stadium. The match will make up for the missed game on Oct. 11, when members of the Crew’s staff had tested positive for COVID-19. Any tickets purchased for the previously scheduled event will remain valid for the new date.
Lions Inch Higher in MLS Power Rankings
The 1-1 draw against the New York Red Bulls last weekend and an official spot in the MLS Cup playoffs has the Lions back into the top five in the MLS Power Rankings. They can’t seem to say it enough, and I can’t read it enough. The club’s remarkable change under Pareja has been a large part of the team going 12 straight matches without a loss. Can the Lions make it lucky number 13 in Fort Lauderdale this weekend?
Aviza Up for USL League One Save of the Week
Orlando City B’s Austin Aviza is up for the USL League One Save of the Week. The 23-year-old goalkeeper made a beautiful triple save in the team’s 2-0 loss on the road against FC Tucson. Be sure to get your votes in.
- Roux Dwyer walking into 2021 like...
Everyday I ask myself where she got this attitude. pic.twitter.com/PZkSvjbRU7— Sydney Leroux Dwyer (@sydneyleroux) October 20, 2020
- Orlando Pride goalkeeper Erin McLeod is launching a high-performance, mindfulness program.
- Just some Americans making history, no big deal.
Five Americans have played on the same UEFA Champions League matchday for the first time.— Paul Carr (@PaulCarr) October 20, 2020
Record was 4 in 2012:
- Oh hey, Ashlyn Harris!
Off & running pic.twitter.com/IubPXpW93B— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) October 20, 2020
- Phoenix Rising FC has officially requested to relinquish hosting rights for the USL Championship final.
- Bill Hagarty, who led the charge to bring MLS to Nashville, resigned from the board of R.J. O’Brien & associates. He left because of the company’s public support of Black Lives Matter, The Atlantic reports. (Beware of paywall.)
- Former Lion Shane O’Neill is making a name for himself in Seattle.
- Liverpool and Manchester United are in talks for a FIFA-backed tournament. The new European Premier League would be backed by a $6 billion financing package.
That will do it for me today, everyone. Be sure to check back in for all things OCB vs. Richmond. Have a great day and stay safe.