Good morning and merry Christmas to all the Mane Landers that celebrate and a happy holiday season to you all! I hope the day goes smoothly for you and before you tackle those gifts, let’s start today off with some links from around the soccer world.
Sebas Mendez Staying in Orlando
A report came out that Orlando City rejected a substantial $7 million offer from an Ecuadorian club for midfielder Sebastian Mendez. LDU Quito is in the market for a defensive midfielder and took a shot at the 23-year-old after his strong first season in Orlando. The move goes to show how the front office has Mendez as part of its future plans.
Lions Celebrating the Holidays
Robin Jansson took to social media to wish God Jul/Merry Christmas to everyone from Zanzibar.
God Jul / Merry Christmas from Zanzibar pic.twitter.com/6eHMrxlm6K— Robin Jansson (@RJANSSON24) December 24, 2019
While Alex De John spent time celebrating the holidays with Exploria Resorts.
I’m sure we’re in store for even more holiday joy from members of Orlando City and the Orlando Pride today on social media, so keep your eyes peeled.
Best Reactions of the 2019 MLS Season
MLS shared a compilation video of some of the best reactions from both fans and players in the 2019 season. Orlando City features twice as fans get to see an animated Chris Mueller slam the soccer ball into the ground and then a very happy Shane O’Neill sliding to his knees in celebration.
MLS Signings and Transfer News
Inter Miami announced two more signings this week. The club signed young fullback Denso Ulysse and goalkeeper Drake Callender. The Houston Dynamo announced that they re-signed three players: Boniek Garcia, Maynor Figueroa, and former Lion Darwin Cerén. Meanwhile, Austin Trusty opened up on his trade from the Philadelphia Union to the Colorado Rapids.
“I think everything going on, me leaving my hometown team and the way it went, it doesn’t sit right in my stomach.”
MLS and USL Coaches Complete U.S. Soccer Pro License Course
This was the fourth edition of the Pro License course, which is aimed at helping coaches further develop the skills and competencies needed to work as a professional coach in a professional environment.
“The U.S. Soccer Pro License course provides a unique learning space for professional coaches at the highest level in our country,” said Director of Coach Education Barry Pauwels. “It is the ultimate environment for the coaches to develop new ideas, share and discuss those ideas with peers, experts and top coaches from within the country and elsewhere in the world.”
Here’s a look at the graduates and candidates from the year-long program for 2019:
- Nolan Sheldon (Assistant Coach, D.C. United)
- Cameron Knowles (Head Coach, Timbers II/Assistant Coach, Portland Timbers)
- Martin Rennie (Head Coach, Indy Eleven)
- Simon Elliott (Head Coach, Sacramento Republic)
- Dave Van Den Bergh (Assistant Coach, New England Revolution)
- Mark Watson (Assistant Coach, Minnesota United)
- David Vaudreuil (Head Coach of Tulsa Roughnecks during 2018 course)
- Giovanni Savarese (Head Coach, Portland Timbers)
- Ante Razov (Assistant Coach, LAFC)
- Marcelo Serrano (Head Coach, Austin Bold)
- Mike Petke (unattached, was Head Coach of Real Salt Lake during course)
- Orlando City’s Mauricio Pereyra was voted best player in FC Krasnodar’s history by fans.
Маурисио Спасибо тебе за игру, за самоотдачу в каждом матче и за то, что нашел время передать привет болельщикам!— FCKrasnodar (@FCKrasnodar) December 24, 2019
Сегодня Маурисио Перейра победил в голосовании за лучшего игрока в истории ФК «Краснодар»
⠀#Перейра #ВпередБыки pic.twitter.com/Te7PVDifvS
- The Montreal Impact had some holiday fun.
- Reports are in that Inter Miami will sign forward Juan Agudelo.
That’s going to do it for me this morning, Mane Landers. I hope everyone can spend time with loved ones over the next couple of days. If you’re traveling, be safe out on the roads. If you’re staying home, enjoy!