Welcome to the weekend, Mane Landers. It’s the busiest shopping day of the year, so hopefully you already knocked out everything you needed to with the holidays right around the corner. If not, then I wish you at least a few moments of relaxation during the hectic day. Now, let’s get to the links!
Lions Close to Signing Brazilian Midfielder
Orlando City is in the final stages of adding Júnior Urso from Corinthians to add more depth to the midfield. Once the transfer fee is paid by Orlando City, Urso will join the team on a four-year contract. The 30-year-old Brazilian has performed well since breaking out in 2013 and although he is surely being brought on by Orlando City for his defensive presence, he has surprising offensive capability that can catch opponents off guard as well.
Marcelo Neveleff Chosen to Lead Orlando City B
Orlando named Club Academy Director Marcelo Neveleff as OCB’s next head coach to fill the vacancy left after Fernando Jose De Argila Irurita’s removal in July. Neveleff has plenty of experience coaching and developing younger players and has worked with both Executive Vice President of Soccer Operations Luiz Muzzi and Head Coach Oscar Pareja at FC Dallas.
“I’ve known Marcelo for many years, dating back to when we used to work closely in Texas,” Pareja said about Neveleff in the club’s release. “Since then, we’ve continued a strong relationship and communicated often to exchange ideas, so I know we share the same vision and philosophies for our players and the club. I’m very excited and looking forward to being able to work with Marcelo again.”
Orlando City B 2020 Schedule Revealed
The full schedule for OCB was unveiled, with two road games to start the season before the Young Lions play in their new home at Osceola County Stadium on April 11. Three new teams are in USL League One next season, with Inter Miami CF’s lower division side as the one worth keeping track of. The Young Lions face their fellow Floridian foes twice during the summer, first on the road on June 21 and then at home on July 24. OCB’s road trips will be two matches at a time to cut down on travel in the league and the team has a three-game home stretch in September.
Free Tickets Available In Orlando SeaWolves Match Tonight
The Orlando SeaWolves take on the Milwaukee Wave tonight at 7 p.m. and free tickets are available courtesy of Celebration Credit Solutions so long as you fill out the information and make the deadlines. The SeaWolves are still on the hunt for their first win of the season after four straight losses and they have their work cut out for them against a Wave team that beat the St. Louis Ambush 6-1 in their previous game. Regardless, the price of free is pretty hard to beat so make sure to fill out the form and head out there to support your local indoor team.
- Orlando Pride defender Carson Pickett had a decent game in the Brisbane Roar’s 0-0 draw against the Melbourne Victory. Pickett led her team with seven crosses and finished with more touches than anyone on either team with 76.
- Despite Inter Miami’s best efforts to keep it under wraps, reports are surfacing that Patrick Vieira is the man the club wants at the helm. Given how many rumors have surfaced about Miami ever since the club joined MLS, I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Former Lion Conor Donovan is now with North Carolina FC in the USL Championship.
- Here are some great photos capturing the United States Men’s National Team’s year.
- The Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 schedule is out, with games set to take place as soon as Feb. 18.
- We end our links with this blast from the past that is undoubtedly one of the best goals of the decade.
That’s going to do it for today, folks. This will be my last time writing links until Christmas ends, so I wish you all a very happy holiday season and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that disaster doesn’t strike while you’re out shopping and taking care of business.