How’s it going, Mane Landers? We survived Black Friday and are now dealing with the last day of November. This year really did fly by and I can’t believe 2020 is right around the corner. Today is also Small Business Saturday, so if you’re still in the shopping spirit then head out to your favorite local shops or somewhere new for a unique gift. From homemade barbecue sauce to cool beanies, there is plenty to find out on the streets.
Orlando Off-Season Assessment
Most Orlando City rumors this off-season have been on Oscar Pareja and the still vacant coaching position, but there are other areas the front office will address before next season. It’s no secret that the team is in the market for a potent striker and the club has been linked with Mexican striker Alan Pulido despite a hefty transfer fee. The defense could also use some reinforcements to make sure the improvements on that side of the ball continue.
Pride Players in W-League Action
Round 3 of Australia’s W-League rolled on late last night and Orlando Pride players continued to impress. Camila and Canberra United defeated a struggling Newcastle Jets team 3-2 . In the other match, Claire Emslie returned form her injury to play alongside Emily van Egmond and their Melbourne City teammates in a tough 1-0 win against Adelaide United. Although Emslie didn’t score, she made her presence known on offense with five shots and three created chances
Americans Abroad This Weekend
Weston McKennie played all 90 minutes and took plenty of chances in Schalke 04’s 2-1 win over Union Berlin to help his club join Monchengladbach at the top of the Bundesliga table. Meanwhile in England, Tim Ream and the rest of Fulham’s defense did well in a 2-1 victory against Swansea as the two clubs fight towards promotion.
In upcoming games featuring Americans, DeAndre Yedlin and Newcastle United have a tough test ahead of them this morning with a home game against Manchester City. Christian Pulisic aims to continue his good run of form with Chelsea when the Blues welcome West Ham to Stamford Bridge. Werder Bremen’s Josh Sargent will square off with Wolfsburg’s John Brooks in an American showdown while Sergino Dest, Timothy Chandler, and Fabian Johnson are all also in action this weekend.
Serie A Comes Together Against Racism
All 20 clubs of Italy’s Serie A joined forces to create an open letter not only addressing the acts of racism in the league but asking for assistance in eradicating it from the game altogether. AC Milan spearheaded the idea and this news comes after a season that’s seen Romelu Lukaku, Mario Balotelli, and others racially abused by supporters. This is a step in the right direction and seeing every club listed together at the bottom of the letter is a strong stance of unity.
“No individual should ever be subjected to racist abuse -- inside or outside of football -- and we can no longer stay silent on this issue or wait for it to magically disappear.”
- Nani took Twitter users back in time so they could relive his first goals with Orlando City earlier this year.
- North Carolina State midfielder David Loera could make the leap from college to give the Lions or Orlando City B added firepower while he adapts to the professional game.
- Speaking of college ball, the University of Central Florida head to Dallas for a Sweet 16 duel against the SMU Mustangs.
- An unnamed MLS club made an offer for clinical Mexican striker Juan Jose Macias while Peruvian forward Alejandro Hohberg may end up in the league next year as well. I don’t know about you, but I’m excited about all of this potential fresh blood in MLS.
- The Euro 2020 draw takes place today and you can catch up on all of the favorites and dark horses before the groups are revealed.
- Arsenal parted ways with Unai Emery after seven matches without a win.
That will be it for today’s links. Enjoy your Saturday and spend it with those you love most or relaxing alone by yourself. It’s your call, I just hope the day goes smoothly for you. Catch you all on the flip side.