Before the season started, we gave out a prediction poll for you to put your future-telling skills to the test. Well, the results are in! There was a notable pattern of optimism for how the Lions would do this season, so in light of recent results, let’s all take a collective breath and remember the season is 34 games.
You made these predictions taking the whole season into account and most of you think the Lions are going to do big things this year. Don’t let two games ruin your mood — the Lions will bounce back.
Now, before we get to the raw stats and nifty graphs, here are a few quick facts from the poll as a whole:
- Two-thirds of voters believe Joe Bendik will register fewer than 113 saves, which would be his lowest total as a Lion.
- Out of Amro Tarek, Donny Toia, and RJ Allen, 35% of the voters think Toia will lead in minutes. Toia has not taken the pitch yet this season.
- Despite the excitement regarding his return this weekend, voters did not favor Sacha Kljestan. Nearly 70% don’t think he will finish as the assist king, and over half don’t think a combination of Kljestan and Scott Sutter will have more assists than the pair of Justin Meram and Yoshimar Yotun.
- 27% of voters were able to accurately guess that Stefano Pinho would score Orlando City’s first goal.
- Three-fourths of voters believe Orlando City will not only make the MLS playoffs, but will get past the first round. But less than 6% think Orlando City makes it out of the Eastern Conference.
Check out the rest of the statistics below.
- Dom Dwyer and Josué Colmán earned three total votes for a 5.7% share of the pie.
Thanks to all who participated!