Happy game day, Mane Landers! It’s the day I have been waiting for ever since Adrian Heath was announced as the head coach of Minnesota. It is definitely going to be weird seeing Inchy in the stadium he helped build but on the wrong side of the field. I am sure the stadium will erupt in a standing ovation for Orlando City’s ex-head coach.
Before I get into links I have to wish a happy birthday to PC. The Brazilian will be watching the game with the plethora of other Lions unavailable after getting PRO’d last week but that just means he can celebrate his 24th a little bit more.
Bench Players’ Time to Shine
It may only be week two but Orlando City’s depth is truly being tested. The starting XI will be similar to last week with key players like Dom Dwyer, Sacha Kljestan, Josué Colmán, and Uri Rosell all out. Good thing for the Lions is that the bench players are ready to go and proved last week that they can hold their own.
Injury-fest Taking Place
Tonight’s match will be a difficult one for many reason. Adrian Heath and Kevin Molino are ready for an emotional return to Orlando for the first time and both teams have much to prove. However, it will be a lot tougher for both Orlando and Minnesota with so many players out. Here are a few players that will most likely be out:
- Abu Danladi (hamsrting).
- Christian Ramirez (ankle) - game-day decision.
- Dom Dwyer (quad).
- Josué Colmán (quad).
- Sacha Kljestan (suspended).
- Pierre Da Silva (suspended).
- PC (suspended).
- Uri Rosell (fitness).
It is not looking good today with some news that Precourt Sports Venture might have found a location for its stadium.
“We’re impressed with the potential of McKalla Place and believe we could create a privately funded, world-class soccer stadium there,” Precourt said. “We’re looking forward to working together with the city as we continue to assess the viability of this site.”
- It looks like Football Federation Australia is taking advice from Orlando City on a safe smoke area.
- Alejandro Moreno’s first weekly MLS awards mention multiple Orlando City players.
- In what appears to be bad news for the NWSL, USWNT star Christen Press will reportedly not report to the Houston Dash. No definitive word yet on where she’ll end up but it’s likely PSG in France. The Dash will retain her NWSL rights.
- MLS will now be streaming games on Twitter. Orlando City will be streamed on the social media outlet twice — at New York City FC on March 17 and vs. New York Red Bulls on March 31.
- Could Neymar move back to Barcelona? Well, it’s not that surprising after PSG crashed out of Champions League.
- There were some scary moments on a plane but the LA Galaxy staff came up clutch.
The LA Galaxy’s flight to NYC is rerouted to Las Vegas after a passenger suffered a medical emergency on board.— Adam Serrano (@LAGalaxyInsider) March 9, 2018
Galaxy training staff and a doctor on board revived the woman with the assistance of flight attendants.
- Ex-Lions Kevin Ellis (in USL) and Patrick McLain (OCSC held his rights) sign with Chicago.
- The U.S. Development Academy expands.
- Today’s birthdays include Chuck Norris, Canada’s first female prime minister Kim Campbell, Prince Edward, Jon Hamm, Samuel Eto’o, Carrie Underwood, and Olivia Wilde, while it is also has been 105 years since the death of Harriet Tubman.