Welcome to your live match thread for today's match-up between Orlando City (10-13-8, 38 points) and FC Dallas (10-9-11, 41 points) at Orlando City Stadium. It's the only scheduled meeting between the clubs this season, and just the third overall. Orlando City is 0-2-0 in the all-time series and has yet to score a goal, losing the two previous match-ups by a 6-0 aggregate.
Dallas won last year on July 4 at Toyota Stadium by a 4-0 final score and it could have been worse, honestly, if not for Joe Bendik. The Hoops led 2-0 within 20 minutes of the start and cruised to an easy win behind goals by Walker Zimmerman, Michael Barrios, Matt Hedges, and Fabian Castillo. That game turned out to be Adrian Heath’s last as Orlando City’s head coach, as the gaffer was sent packing a couple days later.
The first meeting resulted in a 2-0 Dallas win back in 2015 at the Citrus Bowl. Mauro Diaz (pen.) and David Texeira provided the offense in that one and the Lions failed to even get one shot on target.
Orlando City is 7-4-4 at home and snapped a 0-3-3 skid at Orlando City Stadium on Wednesday against the Revolution. FC Dallas just snapped a 10-match winless skid (0-6-4) and is 3-7-4 on the road in 2017.
The Lions are still missing midfielder Cristian Higuita (calf) and Will Johnson (league suspension). Defenders Jonathan Spector and PC are eligible to return from suspension. Dallas lists just Kellyn Acosta (fatigue) as questionable on the injury report.
Here's your mandatory match content for today’s game:
- Gavin Ewbank has your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report features a bit of a scouting report on the Hoops from Drew Epperley of SB Nation's FC Dallas blog, Big D Soccer.
- This week's PawedCast includes our key match-ups and more predictions.
Orlando City (4-4-2)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: Donny Toia, Seb Hines, Jonathan Spector, Scott Sutter.
Midfielders: Yoshimar Yotun, Giles Barnes, Servando Carrasco, Antonio Nocerino.
Forwards: Dom Dwyer, Kaká.
Bench: Earl Edwards, Jr., Rafael Ramos, Tommy Redding, Richie Layrea, Dillon Powers, Carlos Rivas, Cyle Larin.
FC Dallas (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Jesse Gonzalez.
Defenders: Maynor Figueroa, Matt Hedges, Atiba Harris, Hernan Grana.
Defensive Midfielders: Carlos Gruezo, Javier Morales.
Attacking Midfielders: Roland Lamah, Mauro Diaz, Tesho Akindele.
Forward: Maxi Urruti.
Bench: Chris Seitz, Walker Zimmerman, Ryan Hollingshead, Cristian Colman, Victor Ulloa, Kellyn Acosta, Michael Barrios.
Ref: Armando Villareal.
AR1: Corey Parker.
AR2: Jason White.
4th: Juan Guzman.
VAR: Sorin Stoica.
How to Watch
Match Time: 4 p.m. (ET).
Venue: Orlando City Stadium — Orlando, FL.
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Nueva 990 (Spanish).
Streaming: Univision Deportes, Facebook Live.
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
Enjoy the match!