Thursday is here, which means we’re over the hump. Only two more days of monotony until game day is here. But until then, we have a fresh batch of Lion Links to hold you over until The Wall roars to life once again.
A Familiar Face Set to Return
Brek Shea is on his way back to Orlando this weekend, only this time as an opponent. The Vancouver Whitecaps are coming to town, which will mark the first time that Shea will be back in Orlando since City traded him for Giles Barnes before the start of the 2017 season. It’s hard to say who has gotten the better end of the trade, but one thing we can say for sure, is the two players involved want to give it their all in front of their former clubs.
How did Orlando City B keeper get the nickname ‘The Landlord?’ he discusses with City the birthplace of his new identity.
Edwards Jr. is on an impressive run with OCB, and is currently leading the USL in both saves and clean sheets. With stats like that, it’s hard not to have respect for ‘The Landlord.’
Kristen Edmonds on the Cover of Orlando Magazine
Kristen Edmonds is on the cover of the newest issue of Orlando Magazine which just recently hit news stands.
The Orlando Pride right back/midfielder is featured talking about her dog, Jersey, and the journey that they have been on together.
Free Agents are Available, Could City Be in the Market?
Major League Soccer recently posted an article about free agents that might currently be of interest to the league. City is mentioned in this article as being a possible suitor for Jan Kirchoff, formerly of Sunderland. The 6-foot-5 center back/defensive midfield hybrid has had some injury problems in the past year, so maybe City will be the perfect fit for him to get on the comeback trail.
Wayne Rooney Retires from International Football
Although Wayne Rooney has been off to a hot start with Everton in the English Premier League, it seems as though he has deemed it the proper time to retire from the English National Team. In his 119 career caps he has scored 53 times for England. Rooney leaves the Three Lions as their leading scorer, with still a good amount to play for with his club, as he is still only 31 years of age.
- American teenager Christian Pulisic has some options on what to wear this season. Borussia Dortmund just unveiled their European kit, which is now their fourth kit for this season.
- FIFA ‘18 keeps having more news come out. Last week we found out the StubHub Center is in the game, this week, maybe a small FIFA Street remake? We just want to see Orlando City Stadium in the game to be honest.
- Barcelona finally made a signing of note! They’re bringing in Angel Di Maria
- A user on Twitter made us a handy diagram to explain the wild transfer window Barcelona has had.
- Speaking of Barcelona, Burgos C.F. of the Spanish third division decided to troll Barca, claiming that they signed Lionel Messi.
- The Champions League Group Stage Draw is tomorrow afternoon, is it possible that there is more than one group of death?
All right then, that’s it for today, but before you go, make sure you subscribe to the PawedCast on iTunes and check out the 100th episode! The PawedCast is for fans of all things Orlando City, quality banter, and some great guests. Our last two guests were phenomenal, by the way.