Welcome to your match thread for tonight's match-up between Orlando City (6-4-2, 20 points) and Minnesota United (3-7-2, 11 points) at TFC Bank Stadium. It’s the first ever meeting between the two sides and the only scheduled match-up between these cross-conference teams this season.
The Lions are just 1-3-1 on the road, while the Loons are 3-3-0 in their home stadium. Orlando City got off to a hot start in 2017 but is winless in its last five (0-3-2), while Minnesota United has lost two straight and three of the last four.
Adrian Heath will face his old team for the first time, but he has an MLS rule change to thank for that. Inchy stepped onto the pitch last weekend — an offense for which he was fined in 2015 and suspended in 2016. Under new rules, his first offense this year is a warning. Original Lion Kevin Molino will also suit up for the opposition. Hopefully force of habit will see him passing the ball to the guys with the lion patches on their shirts.
As far as the injured list, Kevin Alston (hamstring) is nearing a return. Tommy Redding is with the U.S. U-20s for the FIFA U-20 World Cup for the next few weeks. For Minnesota, Abu Danladi (adductor), Bernardo Anor (lower leg), Thomas de Villardi (Achilles), and Rasmus Schuller (thigh) are listed as out.
Here's your mandatory match content for tonight:
- Gavin Ewbank has your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report gives us more about the Loons from Garrett Denney from SB Nation’s Minnesota United blog, E Pluribus Loonum.
- This week's PawedCast includes our key match-ups and more predictions, plus we grill Nate Siems from E Pluribus Loonum.
Orlando City (4-4-2)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: PC, Jonathan Spector, Jose Aja, Scott Sutter.
Midfielders: Luis Gil, Antonio Nocerino, Will Johnson, Matias Perez Garcia.
Forwards: Carlos Rivas, Cyle Larin.
Bench: Josh Saunders, Donny Toia, Leo Pereira, Servando Carrasco, Cristian Higuita, Giles Barnes, Hadji Barry.
Minnesota United FC (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Bobby Shuttleworth.
Defenders: Jérôme Thiesson, Brent Kallman, Francisco Calvo, Marc Burch.
Defensive Midfielders: Ibson, Sam Cronin.
Attacking Midfielders: Johan Venegas, Ismaila Jome, Miguel Ibarra.
Forwards: Christian Ramirez.
Bench: John Alvbage, Jermaine Taylor, Justin Davis, Collen Warner, Collin Martin, Kevin Venegas, Joseph Greenspan.
Ref: Nima Saghafi.
AR1: Kevin Klinger.
AR2: Felisha Mariscal.
4th: Juan Guzman.
How to Watch
Match Time: 8 p.m. ET.
Venue: TFC Bank Stadium — Minneapolis, MN.
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Nueva 990 (Spanish), SiriusXM FC.
Streaming: MLS Live.
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's OK to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.