Welcome to your match thread for today's match-up between Orlando City and the Colorado Rapids at Orlando City Stadium. It’s the one and only meeting between the two sides this season.
Orlando City is 1-0-1 in the all-time series (1-0-0 at home) but this is Colorado’s first visit to Orlando City Stadium.
Last year’s meeting resulted in a 0-0 draw at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Colorado in just the fourth match since Jason Kreis took over Orlando City. That match temporarily pushed the Lions above the red playoff line, and saw the MLS debut of Mikey Ambrose and the first MLS start for Jose Aja.
The 2015 meeting at the Citrus Bowl saw the Lions defeat the Rapids, 2-0. Carlos Rivas came on for an injured Brek Shea in that match and turned the game around. Kaká and Cyle Larin scored for Orlando City and Tally Hall kept a clean sheet.
Rafael Ramos (hamstring) and Seb Hines (knee surgery) returned to action this week for Orlando City B, as they work their way back from injuries. Kaká (hamstring) and Jose Aja (hamstring) are both nearing returns and could be in the 18 today. For the Rapids, Axel Sjoberg and Bismark Adjei-Boateng are out, and Dillon Serna is a question mark, due to injury. Tim Howard and Kortne Ford are suspended.
Here's your mandatory match content for tonight:
- Gavin Ewbank has your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report gives us more about the Rapids with the help from John Rosch of SB Nation’s Colorado blog, Burgundy Wave.
- This week's PawedCast includes our key match-ups and more predictions, plus an exclusive interview with Orlando City forward/midfielder Giles Barnes.
Orlando City (4-4-2)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: Donny Toia, Jonathan Spector, Tommy Redding, Scott Sutter.
Midfielders: Cristian Higuita, Antonio Nocerino, Will Johnson, Matias Perez Garcia.
Forwards: Carlos Rivas, Giles Barnes, Cyle Larin.
Bench: Josh Saunders, PC, Jose Aja, Servando Carrasco, Luis Gil, Kaká, Carlos Rivas.
Goalkeeper: Zac MacMath.
Defenders: Mekeil Williams, Jared Watts, Bobby Burling, Eric Miller.
Defensive Midfielders: Dillon Powers, Micheal Azira.
Attacking Midfielders: Kevin Doyle, Mohammed Saeid, Marlon Hairston,
Forward: Alan Gordon.
Bench: John Berner, Mike Da Fonte, Shkelzen Gashi, Sam Hamilton, Dominique Badji, Dillon Serna.
Ref: Robert Sibiga.
AR1: Adam Wienckowski.
AR2: Frank Anderson.
4th: Caleb Mendez.
How to Watch
Match Time: 3:55 p.m. ET (yes, I know that’s a really dumb and specific time).
Venue: Orlando City Stadium — Orlando, FL.
TV: UniMas, Univision Deportes.
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Nueva 990 (Spanish).
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's OK to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.