Welcome to your match thread for this afternoon’s match-up between Orlando City (3-1-0, 9 points) and the LA Galaxy (2-3-0, 6 points). This is the only scheduled meeting between the two clubs from opposite conferences this season.
Orlando City is coming off a 1-0 win over the New York Red Bulls last Sunday. The Galaxy are 0-1-1 on the road this season but won their most recent outing on Friday, April 7 at home against the Montreal Impact.
The Lions are 1-1-0 in MLS play against LA, winning 4-0 at home in 2015 against the then-defending champions, and losing at the StubHub Center in 2016. The Galaxy captured the lone contest last year, 4-2. Giovani Dos Santos scored twice as LA put together four straight goals to erase a 1-0 deficit provided by Kevin Molino. Alan Gordon and Robbie Keane scored the other two Galaxy goals. Brek Shea tacked on a cosmetic goal late for Orlando.
Kaká (hamstring), Rafael Ramos (hamstring), Tony Rocha (hamstring), Jose Aja (hamstring), and Seb Hines (knee) are expected to miss the match due to injury. Antonio Nocerino (calf) is day-to-day and will be a game-time decision, and Matias Perez Garcia will miss the game due to a midweek suspension for violent conduct against the New York Red Bulls. Robbie Rogers (ankle) and Sebastian Lletget (foot surgery) will not be available for LA.
Here's your mandatory match content for today’s game:
- Gavin Ewbank has your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report gives us more about LA with the help from Mike Gray of SB Nation’s Galaxy blog LAG Confidential.
- This week's PawedCast includes our key match-ups and more predictions, and an interview with Orlando Pride forward Danica Evans.
Orlando City (4-4-2)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: Donny Toia, Jonathan Spector, Tommy Redding, Scott Sutter.
Midfielders: Will Johnson (left) , Antonio Nocerino (bottom), Cristian Higuita (right) Giles Barnes (top).
Forwards: Carlos Rivas, Cyle Larin.
Bench: Josh Saunders, PC, Leo Pereira, Luis Gil, Tony Rocha, Servando Carrasco, Hadji Barry.
LA Galaxy (4-4-2)
Goalkeeper: Clement Diop.
Defenders: Ashley Cole Jelle Van Damme, Daniel Steres, Nathan Smith.
Midfielders: Emmanuel Boateng, Jermaine Jones, Joao Pedro, Romain Alessandrini.
Forwards: Giovani Dos Santos, Gyasi Zardes.
Bench: Brian Rowe, Dave Romney, Baggio Husidic, Rafael Garcia, Jack McBean, Raul Mendiola, Bradford Jamieson.
Ref: Chris Penso.
AR1: Jeremy Hanson.
AR2: Andrew Bigelow.
4th: Rubiel Vazquez.
How to Watch
Match Time: 3 p.m. (ET) — Pregame coverage from 2:30 p.m. (ET).
Venue: Orlando City Stadium — Orlando, FL.
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 (Spanish).
Streaming: FOX Sports GO, FOX Soccer 2GO.
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along at @TheManeLand, as well as Orlando City's official Twitter feed (@OrlandoCitySC).
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.