Welcome to your live match thread for tonight's match-up between Orlando City (5-5-11, 26 points) and the Seattle Sounders (6-12-3, 21 points). It's the only scheduled meeting between the clubs this season and the first time the teams have met in Camping World Stadium. Orlando City is 0-1-0 in the all-time series.
The teams met in Seattle last season with the Sounders cruising to a 4-0 victory. Right back Tyler Turner picked up a pair of first-half yellow cards and the Lions were forced to play 50+ minutes of the match a man short. Obafemi Martins scored a brace and goals by Nelson Valdez and Thomás. The final score would have been worse if not for goalkeeper Tally Hall stopping Martins on a penalty.
Both teams are in a state of flux. The Lions sent their third ever MLS signing, defensive midfielder Darwin Ceren, to San Jose on Wednesday in exchange for attacking midfielder Matias Perez Garcia, who arrived in Orlando on Thursday evening. The club also traded for the MLS rights to midfielder Tony Rocha and left back Mikey Ambrose and signed both to Major League Soccer contracts.
Seattle added Designated Player Nicolas Lodeiro, a Uruguayan international midfielder, who played well in his debut against the LA Galaxy. Former Sounders midfielder Alvaro Fernandez returned to Seattle after a stint with Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata.
The Sounders are winless in three (0-2-1) with one win in their last six matches (1-3-2). Orlando City is unbeaten in three (1-0-2) but also have just one victory in the last six games overall (1-2-3).
Rafael Ramos (hamstring) and Pedro Ribeiro (back) are out for Orlando. Tommy Redding (hamstring) was loaned to Orlando City B for last night's game to gain match fitness. Harrison Heath (knee) is nearing a return.
Here's your mandatory content for tonight's match:
- Austin Siegel's got your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report features a bit of a scouting report on the Sounders from Dave Clark of SB Nation's Seattle blog, Sounder at Heart.
- This week's PawedCast has key match-ups and match predictions, plus we talked to Dave from Sounder at Heart to preview the game.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: Luke Boden, Seb Hines, David Mateos, Kevin Alston.
Defensive Midfielders: Antonio Nocerino, Servando Carrasco.
Attacking Midfielders: Brek Shea, Kaká, Hadji Barry.
Forward: Cyle Larin.
Bench: Earl Edwards Jr., Jose Aja, Mikey Ambrose, Matias Perez Garcia, Tony Rocha, Julio Baptista, and Carlos Rivas.
Seattle Sounders (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Stefan Frei.
Defenders: Joevin Jones, Chad Marshall, Brad Evans, Tyrone Mears.
Defensive Midfielders: Cristian Roldan, Osvaldo Alonso.
Attacking Midfielders: Andreas Ivanschitz, Clint Dempsey, Nicolas Lodeiro.
Forward: Jordan Morris.
Bench: Tyler Miller, Zach Scott, Erik Friberg, Alvaro Fernandez, Herculez Gomez, Nelson Valdez, and Oalex Anderson.
Ref: Allen Chapman.
AR1: Corey Rockwell.
AR2: Cameron Blanchard.
4th: Ismail Elfath.
How to Watch
Match Time: 7 p.m. (ET).
Venue: Camping World Stadium -- Orlando, FL.
TV: FOX Sports 1.
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 (Spanish).
Streaming: MLS Live, FOX Soccer 2GO.
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along at @TheManeLand, as well as Orlando City's official Twitter feed (@OrlandoCitySC).
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's OK to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.