Happy Fourth of July, everyone! From all of us at The Mane Land, we hope you're enjoying the festivities wherever you may be in the United States of Soccer and have found a place to enjoy the fireworks and tonight's game.
We've got your match thread right here as Orlando City looks to start a winning streak against FC Dallas, a club that's been playing some of the best soccer in the league this season. This will only be the Lions' second meeting with Dallas since joining the MLS last season, as a shorthanded Orlando squad was done in by two second-half goals in the only previous encounter between the clubs back on July 11, 2015.
Less than half of the starters from that Orlando City lineup will be active on Monday, and four of them aren't even on the team this season. While Orlando has reasons to believe that this match could bring a different result, the club will have to do a better job of keeping Mauro Díaz under control. The 25-year-old Argentine is the focal point of Dallas' attack and leads the club in assists in this season, while finding the back of the net twice.
Orlando City has managed to right the ship in the last five matches, going 2-1-3 in league play. but taking a point off Dallas is going to be a tall order. The Hoops are undefeated at home this season, with six wins at Toyota Stadium on their ledger. Don't be surprised if the Lions find themselves battling for a draw in this one.
Here's your mandatory match content for tonight:
- I've got your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report provides some scouting of FC Dallas from SB Nation's blog, Big D Soccer.
- This week's PawedCast includes our key match-ups and more predictions, plus Big D Soccer's Ben Lyon provides insight from the enemy's perspective.
- Wade Williams' weekly TML Roundtable features more talk about tonight's match.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: Brek Shea, David Mateos, Tommy Redding, Kevin Alston
Defensive Midfielders: Darwin Cerén, Cristian Higuita.
Attacking Midfielders: Kevin Molino, Kaká, Carlos Rivas.
Forward: Cyle Larin.
Bench: Earl Edwards Jr., Luke Boden, Seb Hines, Antonio Nocerino, Servando Carrasco, Julio Baptista, and Hadji Barry.
FC Dallas (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Chris Seitz.
Defenders: Maynor Figueroa, Walker Zimmerman, Matt Hedges, Ryan Hollingshead.
Defensive Midfielders: Carlos Gruezo, Kellyn Acosta.
Attacking Midfielders: Michael Barrios, Mauro Díaz, Fabián Castillo.
Forward: Maximiliano Urruti.
Bench: Jesse Gonzalez, Agustin Jara, Victor Ulloa, Juan Esteban Ortiz, Carlos Lizarazo, Tesho Akindele, Colin Bonner.
REF: Silviu Petrescu.
AR1: Gianni Facchini.
AR2: Craig Lowry.
4TH: Nima Saghafi.
How to Watch
Match Time: 9 p.m. (ET).
Venue: Toyota Stadium -- Frisco, TX
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 (Spanish).
Streaming: MLS Live.
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.