Welcome to your match thread for tonight's match-up between Orlando City (4-5-9, 21 points) and the Vancouver Whitecaps (8-8-4, 28 points). It's the only scheduled meeting of the regular season between the two teams and the first ever at BC Place. The Lions will continue searching for their first win (and first goal, for that matter) in the post-Adrian Heath era.
Orlando lost the only previous meeting, 1-0, at the stadium known then as the Citrus Bowl back on March 21, 2015. You may recall that was City’s first MLS loss as Octavio Rivero scored in the 96th minute -- ironically on a foul just after Vancouver’s Jordan Harvey was booked for time wasting on a throw-in, moments after the fourth official had signaled four minutes of injury time. Instead of wasting precious seconds to get a road draw, the Whitecaps had stolen all three points.
The injuries and suspensions are piling up for Orlando City. Kaká (calf), Harrison Heath (knee), Tommy Redding (hamstring), Rafael Ramos (hamstring) and Pedro Ribeiro (back) are out. Brek Shea picked up his fifth yellow card on Wednesday. Carlos Rivas has visa issues, making things difficult for a game north of the border.
Here's your mandatory content for tonight's match:
- Austin Siegel's got your match preview and prediction.
- Our Intelligence Report features a bit of a scouting report on the Whitecaps from Jon Szekeres of SB Nation's Vancouver blog, Eighty Six Forever.
- This week's PawedCast has key match-ups and match predictions plus an exclusive interview with Orlando City Academy Director David Longwell.
- Wade Williams runs this week’s roundtable discussion, including talk about tonight’s match.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik.
Defenders: Luke Boden, Seb Hines, David Mateos, Kevin Alston.
Defensive Midfielders: Servando Carrasco, Darwin Ceren.
Attacking Midfielders: Kevin Molino, Julio Baptista, Hadji Barry.
Forward: Cyle Larin.
Bench: Earl Edwards Jr., Conor Donovan, Devron Garcia, Tyler Turner, Cristian Higuita, and Antonio Nocerino.
Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: David Ousted
Defenders: Jordan Harvey, Tim Parker, Kendall Waston, Jordan Smith.
Defensive Midfielders: Andrew Jacobson, Matias Laba,
Attacking Midfielders: Christian Bolanos, Nicolas Mezquida, Pedro Morales.
Forward: Masato Kudo.
Bench: Paolo Tornaghi, Marcel De Jong, Cole Seiler, Cristian Techera, Ben McKendry, Alphonso Davies, Erik Hurtado.
Ref: Hilario Grajeda.
AR1: Eduardo Mariscal.
AR2: Cameron Blanchard.
4th: Dave Gantar.
How to Watch
Match Time: 10 p.m. (ET).
Venue: BC Place – Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 (Spanish).
Streaming: MLS Live.
Match Thread Rules
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.