Welcome to your live thread for tonight's United States Men's National Team match against Bolivia! This is it, the final dress rehearsal before the Yanks take the field on June 3 to kick off the Copa America Centenario.
Coming off a 1-0 victory over Ecuador on Wednesday, the USMNT will look to get its first ever win against the Bolivians. The Yanks have five draws and two defeats to Bolivia according to 11v11.com, with the last match-up resulting in a 0-0 draw, all the way back in 2001.
If everyone is healthy, expect the starting XI tonight to be the lineup that will start the opening game of the Copa this Friday. The big question mark has always been the center back pairing. Steve Birnbaum and John Brooks got the nod on Wednesday, but if Geoff Cameron is 100% fit, expect him to regain his starting spot next to Brooks.
While Jermaine Jones got the start in Frisco, look for Darlington Nagbe to occupy an attacking midfield spot in the starting lineup. The Portland Timbers man has played well every time he has been on the field for the U.S. and got the game winner earlier this week. If Nagbe starts, that will allow captain Michael Bradley to drop back into the defensive midfield role where he has thrived.
Up top, look for Bobby Wood and Clint Dempsey. Wood had the assist on the game winner Wednesday and is in a fine run of form. And while Dempsey had a sub-par game by his standards against the Ecuadorians, expect the Texan to spring Wood free once or twice while enjoying some chances of his own, with Wood preoccupying the Bolivian center backs.
While Bolivia has had its struggles in recent cycles, this version of the squad is no slouch, and has coincidentally given two of the Yanks' group stage opponents all they could handle recently. A 2-1 defeat to Paraguay and a 3-2 barn burner against Colombia -- both during this World Cup cycle -- shows that this team can score. This will be a great chance for U.S. fans to find out who they can expect to see take the field against Colombia on Friday.
How to Watch
Match Time: 8 p.m. ET
Venue: Children's Mercy Park -- Kansas City, KS
TV: FS1, UniMas, UDN
Live Stream: FOX Sports GO
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with our supporters. If you are new, welcome to our happy home! While you are here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no illegal streams, they can get us in trouble and nobody wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who does nothing but spit venom at the team. Being critical is fine -- every team can be frustrating to watch sometimes -- but constantly being too negative can diminish the fun for others.
- Keep it clean and fair when criticizing officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Treat others in the match thread as you would like to treated in the thread. We are a fun community and would like to keep it that way. There is a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Lastly, while we do not have any rules against profanity, do not abuse this non-rule. Any language that is sexist, racist or homophobic will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We are all in this together.
Enjoy the game. Go USA!