Welcome to your live thread of tonight's United States Women's National Team match against Colombia. With the start of the NWSL season right around the corner, this is a chance for the Yanks to get some game time in as well as prep for Rio this Summer.
The last time these two teams met up was in the round of 16 at the 2015 Word Cup. Alex Morgan and Carli Lloyd gave the U.S. a 2-0 win and the duo would normally be the main focus of the Colombians tonight. After all, Morgan and Lloyd have combined to score a ridiculous 15 goals so far in 2016 for the national team. Unfortunately for the USWNT, there's this:
Alex Morgan (hip) Morgan Brian (hamstring) will not play tonight due to minor injuries.Both could be available for April 10 match. #uswnt— Jenny Taft (@JennyTaft) April 6, 2016
And, unfortunately for Colombia, there are plenty of other attacking options the U.S. can play through. Crystal Dunn is having a dream start to 2016, while U.S. and teenage sensation Mallory Pugh has shown her speed flying up and down the wings causing problems for opposing outside backs. Christen Press has also been effective playing up top for the Yanks.
One factor to look out for will be the temperature. East Hartford, CT, will be ridiculously cold, and any advantage the Americans already have will be further intensified against a side in Colombia which is not used to the cold. Colombia is a young team with a lot of upside. While they should give the Americans a bit of a test, fans tuning in can expect to see goals tonight.
How to Watch:
Match Time: 7 p.m. ET
Venue: Pratt and Whitney Stadium -- East Hartford, CT
Live Stream: FOX Sports GO
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with our supporters. If you are new, welcome to our happy home! While you are here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no illegal streams, they can get us in trouble and nobody wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who does nothing but spit venom at the team. Being critical is fine -- every team can be frustrating to watch sometimes -- but constantly being too negative can diminish the fun for others.
- Keep it clean and fair when criticizing officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Treat others in the match thread as you would like to treated in the thread. We are a fun community and would like to keep it that way. There is a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Lastly, while we do not have any rules against profanity, do not abuse this non-rule. Any language that is sexist, racist or homophobic will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We are all in this together.
Enjoy the game. Go USA!