Welcome to your open thread for tonight's friendly between Orlando City SC and Louisville City FC, which is pretty much the Lions' lame duck USL affiliate. It's already been announced that Orlando will look to field its own local USL club next season.
There's really not much of value in this friendly for Orlando City. It comes on the road, in the middle of the stretch run, against a team from the USL. Aside from giving the city of Louisville a chance to host a Major League Soccer team, there's not a lot of good that can come from it, unless the Lions can use it to find the net and gain some confidence in the midst of a poor run of form.
LCFC, on the other hand, is having a barnstormer of a first season in the USL. The club sits second in the entire league on points and has a legitimate MVP candidate in striker Matt Fondy. Former Lions Bryan Burke and Aodhan Quinn are contributing nicely for LCFC, so there will be some familiar faces on the other side.
Kaká didn't even make the trip for Orlando, so the Louisville Slugger Field faithful won't get a chance to see our captain. However, Brek Shea did make the trip so perhaps it's a chance for him to knock the rust off before returning to the lineup in a pivotal game on Saturday against the Chicago Fire. I'm not even going to guess about the projected lineups, although we'll likely see much more of Rafael Ramos and Adrian Winter than we previously would have, owing to their upcoming suspensions.
Our Louisville correspondent Jeff Milby will be there to cover the action so watch for his recap after the match.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Earl Edwards
Defenders: Corey Ashe, Tommy Redding, Tyler Turner, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Estrela, Darwin Ceren
Attacking Midfielders: Carlos Rivas, Pedro Ribeiro, Eric Avila
Forwards: Bryan Rochez
Bench: Tally Hall, Luke Boden, Danny Mwanga, Tony Cascio, Adrian Winter, Lewis Neal
Louisville City FC (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Scott Goodwin
Defenders: Bryan Burke, Enrique Montano, Sean Reynolds, Tarek Morad
Midfielders: Kadeem Dacres, Juan Guzman, Magnus Rasmussen, Naill Mccabe, Aodhan Quinn
Forwards: Matt Fondy
Bench: Greg Ranjitsingh, Ilija Ilic, Nate Polak, Guy Abend, Adam West, Charlie Adams
How to Watch:
Match time: 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Louisville Slugger Field - Louisville, KY
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along at @TheManeLand, as well as Orlando City's official Twitter feed (@OrlandoCitySC).
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.