Feel like watching Cyle Larin and Darwin Ceren tonight? No, there's no Orlando City match tonight. Both Lions are facing each other in tonight's Group B match in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. It's your Canada-El Salvador open thread!
Larin, who has goals in his last three international appearances, and his Canadian teammates are looking to make a strong showing at this year's Gold Cup. El Salvador is a perennial underdog and will also be looking to get points early in group play with the help of OCSC midfielder Ceren.
This is a crucial game for both teams, which will be battling a strong Costa Rica side and Jamaica to get out of the group stage. Both teams will need to go for the three points tonight, as a draw will only hurt both teams' chances of getting through, while a loss could signal the beginning of the end of the tournament. Jamaica, Canada and El Salvador will likely be battling it out among themselves behind the Costa Ricans.
The last time Canada and El Salvador were in same group was 2009, with the Canadians winning Group A and the Salvadorans finishing last. Canada won the head-to-head match, 1-0, at Columbus Crew Stadium on a goal by Ali Gerba in the 32nd minute.
Here's the info you need to catch the game:
How to Watch:
Match time: 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: StubHub Center - Carson, CA
TV: FOX Sports 2, UniMas, Univision Deportes
Live Stream: FOX Soccer 2GO
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along with @CanadaSoccerEN
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.