It's U.S. Open Cup time! Orlando City hosts Columbus Crew SC tonight in the 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, looking for the first victory over the boys in yellow from Ohio this season. The Crew has a win and a draw in the season series in MLS play, with both teams playing a man down on the road for the vast majority of the game.
Is tonight the night we finish 11 vs. 11?
Orlando will be without rookie striker Cyle Larin, who has already departed for the Canadian Men's National Team in preparation for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. El Salvador's Darwin Ceren is still with the Lions and is available for selection tonight.
Still, City is a bit shorthanded due to injuries and the Larin call-up. In recent weeks, defenders Aurelien Collin (hamstring), Tyler Turner (leg) and Conor Donovan (elbow) have picked up knocks, although Turner may be close to a return. Striker Martin Paterson (knee) is still out, as well as midfielders Brek Shea (groin) and Tony Cascio (back).
Oh, and Bryan Rochez is having visa problems and has not yet returned from the U-20 World Cup.
So, Adrian Heath has little choice but to field a competitive team tonight and I expect, with a quarterfinals berth on the line, the Crew will do likewise, despite coming off a 2-2 draw at Real Salt Lake on Saturday.
Will Orlando be able to get that elusive first win over Columbus and advance to the quarterfinals? Well find out in a couple of hours.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Tally Hall
Defenders: Luke Boden, Sean St. Ledger, Seb Hines, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Darwin Ceren, Cristian Higuita
Attacking Midfielders: Carlos Rivas, Kaká, Eric Avila
Forward: Pedro Ribeiro
Bench: Donovan Ricketts, Tyler Turner, Tommy Redding, Amobi Okugo, Harrison Heath, Lewis Neal, Danny Mwanga
Columbus Crew (3-4-2-1)
Goalkeeper: Brad Stuver
Defenders: Chad Barson, Emanuel Pogatetz, Tyson Wahl
Defensive Midfielders: Chris Klute, Kevan George, Tony Tchani,Kristinn Steindorsson
Attacking Midfielders: Adam Bedell, Ben Speas
Forward: Aaron Schoenfeld
Bench: Matt Lampson, Sergio Campbell, Wil Trapp, Romain Gall, Mohammed Saied, Justin Meram, Ben Swanson
How to Watch:
Alas, this match is not televised, but it will be streamed live online (below!).
Match time: 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
TV: None, sorry.
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English)
Streaming: YouTube and OrlandoCitySC.com.
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.