Orlando City's unbeaten streak is over, but the club is still firmly in contention for a playoff spot in Major League Soccer's Eastern Conference.
The same can't be said for the Colorado Rapids, who are ahead of only the Philadelphia Union in points per game so far this season. Counter-intuitively, the Rapids have proven a difficult team to beat this year, with only four losses in 15 matches. Of course, they've found it even more difficult to win matches.
They do have a bit of momentum this week though. 21-year-old Dillon Serna started only his second match of the year last weekend, but he had an excellent outing and scored the game-tying goal in the 88th minute against FC Dallas. Orlando will still be feeling good after its performance over the last 6 weeks, but the Lions are coming off a disappointing 2-0 loss to Montreal last week.
It's a sentiment that works across all sports; to be successful, you have to win the matches you're supposed to win. Orlando will be a heavy favorite against visiting Colorado, one of the first times this year they've been in that position. It falls on Lions Head Coach Adrian Heath's shoulders to motivate the players and not allow them to take anything for granted.
Here's all the content you need to prepare for tonight's match:
- Here's my complete preview for this week's match!
- Check out our PawedCast for the week, featuring predictions and thoughts on the matchup
- Where do the teams stand? Here are our weekly MLS Power Rankings
- Michael's Intelligence Report gets the inside scoop from Colorado bloggers at Burgundy Wave.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Tally Hall
Defenders: Luke Boden, Sean St. Ledger, Seb Hines, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Darwin Ceren, Cristian Higuita
Attacking Midfielders: Brek Shea, Kaká, Lewis Neal
Forward: Cyle Larin
Bench: Donovan Ricketts, Eric Avila, Harrison Heath, Pedro Ribeiro, Amobi Okugo, Danny Mwanga, Carlos Rivas
Colorado Rapids (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Clint Irwin
Defenders: Matt Burch, Drew Moor, Shane O'Neill, Joseph Greenspan
Defensive Midfielders: Lucas Pittinari, Marcelo Sarvas
Attacking Midfielder: Kevin Doyle, Dillon Powers, Dillon Serna
Forward: Luis Solignac
Bench: Zac MacMath, Bobby Burling, James Riley, Dominique Badji, Sam Cronin, Gabriel Torres, Charles Eloundou
Referee: Silviu Petrescu
AR1 (bench): Sean Hurd
AR2 (opposite): Kevin Klinger
4th: Mark Kadlecik
How to Watch:
Match time: 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
TV: Locally on My65 and regionally on Sun Sports
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 AM (Spanish)
Streaming: MLS Live
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along at @TheManeLand, as well as Orlando City's official Twitter feed (@OrlandoCitySC).
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.