Welcome to your open thread for Orlando City at Montreal Impact, round two. The Impact jumped all over the Lions early in the first meeting on goals by Ignacio Piatti (pen.) and Jack McInerney, only for Orlando to equalize in a two-minute span on strikes by Pedro Ribeiro and Kaká on March 28 in a 2-2 draw.
That Orlando side (and Montreal's, for that matter) were very different animals from what we have now. City has come a long way chemistry-wise and won't have the bulk of its roster either gone on international duty or injured. The Impact are still dealing with injuries to some key players (Kenny Cooper, Justin Mapp), but they are a much more confident group after their run to second in the CONCACAF Champions League. Montreal is fourth in the East in points per game (1.27) this season.
Orlando is unbeaten in five MLS matches (3-0-2) and six competitive matches overall (3-0-3) after advancing on penalties in U.S. Open Cup play on Wednesday at the Charleston Battery. Can the Lions keep the streak alive?
Here's all the content you need to prepare for tonight's match:
- Andrew M's match preview gives you the skinny on both teams
- This week's PawedCast spends the final segment discussing tonight's match
- Wade wants to know what Orlando City learned from the first trip to Montreal
- Austin S discussed who has stepped up during the current OCSC streak
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
I'm not sure we'll get Luke Boden tonight due to his 120-minute performance in the heat on Wednesday. As such, I'm projecting a few changes to the starting XI.
Goalkeeper: Tally Hall
Defenders: Luke Boden, Sean St. Ledger, Aurelien Collin, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Cristian Higuita, Darwin Ceren
Attacking Midfielders: Brek Shea, Kaká, Lewis Neal
Forward: Cyle Larin
Bench: Earl Edwards Jr., Seb Hines, Amobi Okugo, Harrison Heath, Carlos Rivas, Eric Avila, Pedro Ribeiro
Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Evan Bush
Defenders: Ambroise Oyongo, Bakary Soumaré, Laurent Ciman, Donny Toia
Defensive Midfielders: Nigel Reo-Coker, Marco Donadel
Attacking Midfielders: Andrés Romero, Ignacio Piatti, Maxim Tissot
Forward: Jack McInerney
Bench: Eric Kronberg, Patrice Bernier, Wandrille Lefèvre, Calum Mallace, Victor Cabrera, Dilly Duka, Dominic Oduro
REF: Edvin Jurisevic
AR1: Peter Manikowski
AR2: Oscar Mitchell-Carvalho
4TH: Mathieu Bourdeau
How to Watch:
Match time: 8 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Stade Saputo -- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
TV: MY65 locally, Sun Sports regionally (note: Sun Sports is tape delaying due to baseball...tune in at 10:30 p.m. if this is your only viewing option).
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 AM (Spanish)
Streaming: MLS Live
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along at@TheManeLand, as well as Orlando City's official Twitter feed (@OrlandoCitySC).
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.