Welcome to your open thread for tonight's match between Orlando City SC and Columbus Crew SC. It's been a little over a month since a 3-0 thrashing in Columbus when Rafael Ramos was sent off with an hour to play. You can bet the Lions haven't forgotten that game and Kevin Molino's probably lucky he's out so he doesn't have to get hacked to death by Tony Tchani again (Molino suffered seven (!) fouls that night).
City (3-5-4, 13 points) could overtake the Crew (4-4-3, 15 points) in the standings with a win today, but let's not forget the Lions have but one single, solitary home victory in MLS play. On the plus side, that win was in the last home game, as you'll fondly recall the 4-0 drubbing of the LA Galaxy. The home game before that was a 2-2 draw against New England Revolution, so that's four points of a possible six in the last two games at the Citrus Bowl.
Columbus, like LA two weeks ago, enters the Citrus Bowl winless on the road in 2015 (0-3-2). Still, the Lions will have to deal with Major League Soccer's leading goal scorer, Kei Kamara, who has nine tallies on the season.It will be a stiff test for Orlando, made all the more difficult without Brek Shea, who is on red card suspension for this game. Before the season started, I picked Columbus to finish behind only D.C. United and the Revs in the Eastern Conference.
Here's all the game-related content you need to prepare:
- Andrew Marcinko's match preview for tonight
- This week's PawedCast, where Kevin Mercer, Austin David and I preview the game
- Our Intelligence Report, featuring a Columbus update from Massive Report's Patrick Murphy
- Austin Siegel's three keys to tonight's game
- Austin David asks what City might do without Brek Shea
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Tally Hall
Defenders: Luke Boden, Sean St. Ledger, Seb Hines, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Darwin Ceren, Cristian Higuita
Attacking Midfielders: Carlos Rivas, Kaká, Eric Avila
Forward: Cyle Larin
Bench: Donovan Ricketts, Aurelien Collin, Lewis Neal, Harrison Heath, Pedro Ribeiro, Amobi Okugo, Martin Paterson
Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1 that often operates as a 4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Steve Clark
Defenders: Hector Jimenez, Michael Parkhurst, Tyson Wahl, Waylon Francis
Midfielders: Justin Meram, Mohammed Saeid, Tony Tchani, Ethan Finlay
Attacking Midfielder: Federico Higuain
Forward: Kei Kamara
Bench: Brad Stuver, Chris Klute, Emanuel Pogatetz, Kevan George, Kristinn Steindorsson, Ben Speas, Aaron Schoenfeld
How to Watch:
Match time: 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
TV: Locally on My65 and regionally on FOX Sports Florida
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 AM (Spanish)
Streaming: MLS Live
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along at @TheManeLand, as well as Orlando City's official Twitter feed (@OrlandoCitySC).
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.