Welcome to your open thread for today's first ever match-up between Orlando City SC and the defending MLS Cup Champion LA Galaxy.
You know the drill by now. Orlando City (2-5-3, 9 points) is still looking for its first home victory. The Lions are not getting results even when they play well, having gone winless in four straight, with three losses. At home, Orlando City is just 0-3-2.
What you may not know is that the Galaxy (3-3-5, 14 points) have yet to win a road match this season (0-3-3) and are also on a four-game winless streak (0-1-3). Both teams sit in seventh place in their respective conferences.
Orlando City isn't the only team to be hit by injuries. LA star Robbie Keane has been sidelined with a knock. The Galaxy will also be without defender Dan Gargan who is suspended for yellow card accumulation. Speaking of which, let's hope Brek Shea doesn't get one today. If he does, he'll have to miss the next match. If he stays out of the book, he can get one yellow card rescinded with one more card-free game at San Jose.
This is Orlando's third game in 10 days, so there may be some weary legs. It takes its toll on us too, as we haven't been able to squeeze in all of our usual content for so many opponents with the crowded fixture schedule. Still, we've got some required reading for you:
- Andrew Marcinko's match preview should get you ready for kickoff
- Orlando City striker Martin Paterson should finally be in the 18 today. Will he play?
- The Lions have a new trialist who could help fill in during Kevin Molino's absence.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Tally Hall
Defenders: Luke Boden, Sean St. Ledger, Seb Hines, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Darwin Ceren, Cristian Higuita
Attacking Midfielders: Brek Shea, Kaká, Eric Avila
Forward: Cyle Larin
Bench: Donovan Ricketts, Tyler Turner, Harrison Heath, Danny Mwanga, Amobi Okugo, Carlos Rivas, Martin Paterson
LA Galaxy (4-4-2)
Goalkeeper: Jaime Penedo
Defenders: Baggio Husidic, Tommy Meyer, Leonardo, A.J. DeLaGarza
Midfielders: Gyase Zardes, Juninho, Mika Vayrynen, Stefan Ishizaki
Forwards: Bradford Jamieson, Ignacio Maganto
Bench: Brian Rowe, Omar Gonzalez, Jose Villareal, Alan Gordon, Sebastian Lletget, Rafael Garcia, Oscar Sorto
How to Watch:
Match time: 5 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
TV: Nationally on ESPN 2 and ESPN Deportes
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 AM (Spanish)
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.