This is your open thread for tonight's showdown between Orlando City and Eastern Conference opponents, Toronto FC. The Lions (2-3-2, 8 points) are coming off a 3-0 loss at Columbus last Saturday night and are still looking for their first home MLS win after starting the season 0-2-1 with two stoppage-time losses in the last two matches in the Citrus Bowl.
Toronto FC (1-4-0, 3 points) has played all five of its games on the road while the club's home stadium is renovated. The Reds opened the season with a big 3-1 win over the Vancouver Whitecaps but have dropped four straight since, including a 3-2 defeat at FC Dallas last Saturday. Sebastian Giovinco nearly brought Toronto back into that match but ran out of time.
Orlando City has started the same lineup two weeks in a row. Will Adrian Heath make it three straight with the 4-3-3 or does he go back to his 4-2-3-1 with Carlos Rivas getting a starting nod? One area to keep an eye on tonight is central defense. With Sean St. Ledger taking a knock last week and youngsters Conor Donovan and Tommy Redding off on international duty, the Lions are thin at that spot.
Rafael Ramos will miss tonight's match with a red card suspension, likely being replaced by Tyler Turner. Also, Amobi Okugo is in yellow card suspension jeopardy. He is currently sitting on four yellows but could have one rescinded if he completes the next three matches without drawing another.
Here's all the content you need to prepare for tonight's match:
- Andrew Marcinko and Scott Crumbly teamed up to write our match preview.
- James Grossi from Waking the Red told us about Toronto FC in our Intelligence Report.
- This week's PawedCast features Waking the Red's Mitchell Tierney on our visitors.
Hopefully Orlando City can get that first home W tonight at the Citrus Bowl. If not, the next opportunity won't be until May 8 against the New England Revolution.
I'm torn here, because it could be the return of the 4-2-3-1, but I'm going to stick with this for now. We'll post the official lineups as soon as they are announced.
Orlando City (4-2-3-1):
Goalkeeper: Donovan Ricketts
Defense: Brek Shea, Seb Hines, Aurelien Collin, Tyler Turner
Midfielders: Darwin Ceren, Amobi Okugo
Attacking Midfielders: Eric Avila, Kaká (C), Kevin Molino
Forwards: Cyle Larin
Bench: Earl Edwards Jr., Luke Boden, Harrison Heath, Carlos Rivas, Cristian Higuita, Bryan Rochez, Danny Mwanga
Toronto FC (4-4-2 diamond)
Goalkeeper: Joe Bendik
Defense: Ashtone Morgan, Damien Perquis, Nick Hagglund, Justin Morrow
Midfielders: Benoit Cheyrou, Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco, Jackson
Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Robbie Findley
Bench: Chris Konopka, Eriq Zavaleta, Collen Warner, Jonathan Osorio, Daniel Lovitz, Luke Moore, Warren Creavalle
How to Watch:
Match time: 7 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
TV: FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes, TSN, RDS
Radio: 104.1 FM Real Radio (English), La Grande 1030 AM (Spanish)
Streaming: MLS Live
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.