Welcome to your open thread for today's friendly between Orlando City and Brazilian Série A side Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, which is celebrating its 120th anniversary at the historic Maracaña. This match is part of that anniversary celebration, and what better way to enjoy a huge anniversary than to get handed your lunch by an MLS team in purple, right?
Flamengo is one of five Brazilian clubs to never be relegated from that country's top flight. So they've got that going for them, which is nice. They've won six Série A titles and three Copa do Brasil championships. The team is led by manager Oswaldo de Oliveira.
City will be without striker Cyle Larin, left back/left wing Brek Shea and attacking midfielder Kaká, who are all with their national teams for World Cup qualifying. Goalkeepers Tally Hall and Earl Edwards Jr. are recovering from knee injuries. Hall will not be available. Cape Verde native Thierry Graça is on trial with the club from Benfica B and could play in the friendly.
Flamengo is still in season, standing 11th in the table at the moment. Orlando City will have to patch together a makeshift lineup without (arguably) its four biggest stars. Still, it's free soccer, so let's enjoy the lads in purple one more time before the calendar changes to 2016. With the nature of sports being what it is, this might be the last time we see some of these guys in Orlando City uniforms, after all.
Here's your mandatory content to prep for today's game:
Orlando City Lineup (4-2-3-1):
Goalkeeper: Thierry Graça (Trialist)
Defenders: Luke Boden, Aurelien Collin, Seb Hines, Rafael Ramos
Defensive Midfielders: Carlos Rivas, Lewis Neal, Adrian Winter
Forward: Bryan Rochez
Bench: Mason Stajduhar, David Mateos, Harrison Heath, Eric Avila, Servando Carrasco, Pedro Ribeiro
How To Watch:
Match time: 12:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Maracaña Stadium -- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
TV: None (sorry)
Radio: None (again, sorry)
Streaming: OrlandoCitySC.com has you covered or stream it below.
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.