Welcome to your open thread for the United States Women's National Team's Orlando "Victory Tour" match against Brazil. There should be a huge crowd in the Citrus Bowl for this match, with more than 30,000 tickets already sold. The U.S. is 25-3-5 against Brazil in the series
The Yanks got a late strike from (who else) Carli Lloyd to draw 1-1 with Brazil Wednesday night in Seattle, in what was midfielder Shannon Boxx's final international match. Boxx isn't the only one retiring. Today is midfielder Lauren Holiday's final game in the Red, White & Blue. Although there's plenty of game left in Holiday, she's leaving the game to focus on family. That's never a bad thing, but her quality will be missed by USWNT fans. Today should b her 133rd cap for the U.S., giving her sole possession of 21st place on the all-time list.
Today might also be a great opportunity for you to see a few future members of Orlando Pride. The Alex Morgan rumors are the loudest, because she's perhaps the most identifiable player on the team, but there are also rumblings about Cocoa Beach native Ashlyn Harris -- backup goalkeeper to Hope Solo -- coming home to play in Florida as well.
And you never know who else might end up with the Pride. Ali Krieger is apparently besties with Harris and has been seen in Orlando in recent weeks. And we might see another player (perhaps Heather O'Reilly) left unprotected in the upcoming Nov. 2 NWSL Expansion Draft.
Today's game is a friendly, so let's have some fun. But of course, we want a victory (it is the Victory Tour, after all) to keep the USWNT's home unbeaten streak alive. The U.S. made it 101 consecutive matches on home soil without a loss with Wednesday's draw. The USWNT is 88-0-13 at home, dating back to a Nov. 6, 2004 -- a 3-1 loss in Philadelphia against Denmark in an international friendly.
Can the USWNT make it 102 in a row? We'll find out soon.
And don't forget to vote in our poll below.
U.S. Women's National Team:
Goalkeeper: Hope Solo
Defenders: Ali Krieger, Becky Sauerbrunn, Lori Chalupny, Crystal Dunn, Emily Sonnett
Midfielders: Lauren Holiday, Morgan Brian, Tobin Heath
Forwards: Alex Morgan, Lindsey Horan
Bench: Ashlyn Harris, Alyssa Naeher, Christie Rampone, Kelley O'Hara, Whitney Engen, Julie Johnston, Meghan Klingenberg, Gina Lewandowski, Shannon Boxx, Heather O'Reilly, Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Samantha Mewis, Sydney Leroux, Amy Rodriguez, Abby Wambach, Christen Press, Stephanie McCaffrey
Head Coach: Jill Ellis
Defenders: Fabiana, Rafaelle, Erika, Tamires
Midfielders: Andressinha, Marta, Formiga, Andressa Alves, Thaisa
Bench: Andreia, Monica, Poliana, Rilany, Bia Vaz, Rafaela, Raquel, Gabi Zanotti, Beatriz
Head Coach: Oswaldo Alvarez
How to Watch:
Match time: 2:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Citrus Bowl -- Orlando, FL
TV: FOX Sports 1
Live Stream: FOX Sports Go
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.