Welcome to your open thread for tonight's international friendly match-up between the United States and Costa Rica. Unlike Saturday night, the Red, White & Blue has nothing much to play for, but a win would still be nice, because it's been awhile since we've seen a USMNT victory.
The Yanks and Ticos take the pitch at Red Bull Arena tonight, looking for a bit of a moral victory in addition to an actual one, after a tough 3-2 extra time loss in the CONCACAF Cup at the Rose Bowl on Saturday. Orlando City's Brek Shea was added to the roster since then, along with D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid, New York City FC midfielder Mix Diskerud, New England midfielder Lee Nguyen, and forward Andrew Wooten (Sandhausen / Bundesliga 2).
Shea is listed on the USMNT lineup as a midfielder. Let's just hope he comes back healthy this time.
Goalkeepers (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/ENG), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton/ENG)
Defenders (7): Ventura Alvarado (Club America/MEX), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchenglandbach/GER), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana/MEX), Tim Ream (Fulham FC/ENG), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City FC/ENG)
Midfielders (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/FRA), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC), Danny Williams (Reading FC/ENG), DeAndre Yedlin (Sunderland AFC/ENG)
Forwards (4): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Bobby Wood (Union Berlin/GER), Andrew Wooten (FC Sandhausen/GER), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)
How to Watch:
Match time: 6:30 p.m. (ET)
Venue: Red Bull Arena - Harrison, NJ
TV: ESPN, UniMas, Univision Deportes Network.
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Twitter: For rapid reaction and live updates, follow along with @StarsAndStripesFC or via @ussoccer.
Match Thread Rules:
This is your live thread for posting comments on the match. So use our comments section below to talk about the game in real time with other supporters. If you're new, welcome to our happy home! While you're here, please observe a few basic rules:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They can get us in trouble, and no one wants that.
- Try not to be "that guy" who spews nothing but venom and hate for the team. It's ok to be critical, and, let's face it, sometimes even the best teams can be frustrating to watch, but being overly negative relentlessly can sap the enjoyment for others.
- Keep it somewhat clean and fair when criticizing players / officials. You never know who might be reading.
- Do unto others in the match thread, the way you would have others do unto you. We are a fun community and want to keep it this way. We have a moderator, but we'd rather let him enjoy the game instead of having to play babysitter.
- Finally, we don't have a rule against profanity but don't abuse the non-rule. Also, any language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you may lose posting privileges. We're all in this together.